Improve the slower combat (especially magic) on the Steam version
issueid=4264 02-04-2016 04:36 PM
Number of reported issues by Mr.PelicanPants: 10
Improve the slower combat (especially magic) on the Steam version
Speed biggest difference in steam version

I *love* the steam version and want to support it, but after an elementalist win it seems like the biggest difference between steam/ascii versions is still the speed of the game.

I was wondering if there is a way to remove the waiting buffer (and hopefully increase speed) on the bolt spells in the steam version? It draws them slow and waits for each bolt to clear, pausing a little at the end of each one. Adjusting the projectile animation speed (even to instant) doesnt seem to change anything (even projectiles).

When the battles get heavy with dragon breath or where you'd need to cast a ton of spells to clear a vault, the animations make the steam version at least 5 to 10 times slower than the ascii version and makes the battles seem like they're taking all day.
if there's another speedup option then sorry for missing it but I couldn't find anything.

I also read something about NotEye having a 15fps cap and wondering if that can be worked with at all?

Hopefully this isn't a silly request or anything - I'm not the best player, currently an irl steam game takes me at least several hours longer to beat than the ascii version

Do other people feel the same way about the combat speed/animations? Is it something that can be faster?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4264
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Suggested
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Modernized ADOM UI
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users jt, Zeno
Tags (none)

06-12-2016 09:24 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin