NotEye Crash With Monster Memory
issueid=3492 12-19-2014 01:20 AM
Number of reported issues by Andur: 23
NotEye Crash With Monster Memory

Using the look command on a monster and hitting M for more (I wanted to check the speed rating of the crime lord + bouncers), crashes NotEye, resulting in the following error message:

The NotEye script has crashed... what do you want to do?
error: did not yield [games/adom-anim.noe:246: bad argument #1 to 'adom_nelib_draw_map' (number expected, got nil)]

If I select continue playing Adom the game continues. Happens on any monster that I try to use it on.

Also happens if I look at the monster memory manually with the & command, or with the right click mouse option.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3492
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r53
Fixed Version ADOM r54
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

12-21-2014 11:25 AM
Ancient Member
I cannot reproduce this. Anything special (e.g. does it happen only in specific display mode, only fullscreen, etc.)?

The error message looks a bit strange, the animation engine is not used while looking at monster descriptions.

12-21-2014 03:40 PM
Administrator
This looks like a duplicate of issue 3414.

@Andur: is your PC rather fast or slow?

I suspects this may be some kind of timing error, e.g. there is a still an animation running while the monster memory is opened.

Maybe we should just add a validation to make this call more robust.

12-21-2014 11:04 PM
Quote Originally Posted by jt
This looks like a duplicate of issue 3414.

@Andur: is your PC rather fast or slow?

I suspects this may be some kind of timing error, e.g. there is a still an animation running while the monster memory is opened.

Maybe we should just add a validation to make this call more robust.
My PC would be really fast its a hexcore i7. I'm running in plain ascii mode, so there shouldn't be any animations. I tried the different message display modes (I like the traditional mode with stats on bottom/messages on top), but they all do this as well.

I just tried switching to graphical tile mode, and the monster memory works fine there (though I personally prefer the traditional ascii that I'm used to).

01-05-2015 07:44 PM
Administrator
Made the creation of the anim-id more robust, so nil values for the coordinates are now ignored.

+ Reply