Make Hawkslayer always obey orders
issueid=5541 10-28-2017 03:21 AM
Number of reported issues by sillihai: 43
Make Hawkslayer always obey orders

If you manage to get Hawkslayer as a companion, it's a bit funny how he's often stubborn to follow orders. It'd make sense for him to always follow them, or just more often, after all he's the one who wanted to join you ("Me is with ye!")

Also giving him the ability to see invisible would make him more useful for invisible PCs.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5541
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-28-2017 03:31 AM
Ancient Member
Order success is based on Charisma... if you are not charismatic leader why he should not do what he thinks is best?

10-28-2017 03:54 AM
Charisma can indeed play a part, but I think an increased chance to obey would be nice anyway.

Think about it. You can get much more powerful, regenerating pets by reading scrolls of familiar summoning in the dwarven halls (already accessible in early-mid game)

And what do you you need to get Hawkslayer?
-Must have access to HMV
-Must be at least level 25 (mid-to-late game) and non-chaotic
-Must learn the password by sipping pools, which can be a major inconvenience with the negative effects
So I think Hawkslayer should be made a bit more obedient, to give him an upside over the much stronger greater earth elemental. He seems like he would be more than willing to aid your fight against chaos. :)

10-29-2017 01:12 PM
I'd rather make him stronger. This can also make Hawkslayer desirable without touching Ch.

+ Reply