{*Ignore*}
issueid=2241 07-15-2013 10:50 PM
Number of reported issues by kNightCrawler: 8
{*Ignore*}

As the title says, I restored a save file, and before taking a turn this happened:
You can think clearly again. You die...
Do you want to see the last messages before your death? [Y/n]
No cause of death was listed in the final log or the highscores; the first line in the final log appeared simply as:
Lee, the gnomish monk, .
I have the flg for this character and a few screenshots of the ending screens, if further info is required.

EDIT: Probably not as inexplicable or serious as initially thought! See Sami's comment.
EDIT 2: Since this was related to a crash that was already fixed, this does not need to be fixed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2241
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Won't Fix
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 14
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-16-2013 12:05 AM
Ancient Member
That's, well, hilarious. I'm guessing the RNG was too lazy to scheme an scenario ending in your death today and skipped to the end :p

What had your PC been doing prior to loading this savegame?

07-16-2013 12:27 AM
I can't really remember what he was doing, but he died in the SMC standing next to a doppelganger. I'm guessing from the first message that the PC had become confused by it before I saved the game, though he shouldn't have recovered straight after loading the game anyway... to my understanding, a turn doesn't pass immediately after loading the game.

07-16-2013 09:23 AM
Ancient Member
I've had similar death to happen. At first I was kind of puzzled but then remembered it was an old game that crashed after my death and apparently emergency save succeeded.
So when I restored that game later (to check what game it was) it of course restored the character in already dead state (with negative HP).

07-16-2013 01:49 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Sami
I've had similar death to happen. At first I was kind of puzzled but then remembered it was an old game that crashed after my death and apparently emergency save succeeded.
Ah, yes, that might have been what happened. I just noticed when I checked the highscores that there was a character with the exact same score, xp points and number of turns taken upon his death, and he had been killed by a doppelganger in the SMC. I don't actually remember that character dying, but it is quite possible this is what happened.

07-16-2013 03:03 PM
Ancient Member
I think the priority on this can probably be a little lower.

There of course still is a bug here, a confusion recovery check should not happen after a restore. Same as with trap trigger check.

07-16-2013 05:13 PM
Certainly, I just forgot to lower the priority when I realised the issue was just simply 'killing' characters that had already died and not unexpectedly ending games in an unfair way... =}

12-26-2015 04:08 PM
The Creator
Ok, closed as not needing a fix ;-)

+ Reply