Using glass amulet in dark room should identify it
issueid=3268 08-02-2014 10:54 PM
Number of reported issues by boat: 15

I passed through a dark room, and the next room had a glass amulet on the ground. Heading back into the dark room, it was illuminated. The PC should be able to infer that they are wearing an Amulet of Light.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3268
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 11
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

08-03-2014 11:06 PM
First thought: If the player has obtained several new items before they discover the dark room, how would the they know it was the amulet?
Second thought: They could probably just look down and see the glowing amulet in the dark. damn damn damn. This request is quite logical. I'm voting for it.

08-04-2014 12:11 AM
Ok, more specifically, if the pc equipped their glass amulet in a dark room, they can still assume that it's the amulet causing the light because it's activated after equipping. I think it would be more of a guessing game for rings because you can equip more than 1. Amulets are very binary in that sense.

08-04-2014 12:26 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by tkoyah
First thought: If the player has obtained several new items before they discover the dark room, how would the they know it was the amulet?
Second thought: They could probably just look down and see the glowing amulet in the dark. damn damn damn. This request is quite logical. I'm voting for it.
Further food for thought: when you leave the darkened room, the PC will "remember" (as per the dungeon map showing a darkened room) that the room was dark, even though thanks to the amulet he never actually saw it so...

+ Reply