Restore old char generation display when Show_Newbie_Advice is disabled
issueid=3254 07-31-2014 01:33 AM
Number of reported issues by aerol: 71
Restore old char generation display when Show_Newbie_Advice is disabled
Restore old character generation display when Show_Newbie_Advice = false

When Show_Newbie_Advice is set to false, it would be nice if the old race/class selection dialog was displayed instead. I am so used to the old dialog with one column for race and two columns for class by now that it actually takes me a few more seconds than normal each time I roll a new character to find the right letter for race and class.

Screenshots attached displaying the old dialog.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3254
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r49
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-31-2014 07:24 AM
I'm not sure I feel it's worth changing. For those who are used to what they pick, the letter for each race and profession has stayed the same (my favourites are long since burned into my brain) :)
New players that get used to the current layout, and once they decide they want to switch off the advice, they still get the same layout.
Those who were used to the old layout will make use of that learning-machine called a brain, and will become accustomed to the new layout.

I feel I should start quoting Spock about the needs of the many, but I'm not sure that will be productive. :) If the Creator wants to consider this option, should it be another configuration variable? {shrugs}

07-31-2014 08:13 PM
i wouldn't mind it being separately configurable.

+ Reply