Thrown lumps of clay should slow enemies.
issueid=1701 01-10-2013 04:33 AM
Number of reported issues by Arbot: 11

Enemies hit by thrown lumps of clay should be slowed similar to being hit by a clay golem
Issue Details
Issue Number 1701
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-10-2013 04:57 AM
I dunno... Are we really throwing that much clay? Enough to impede an enemies movement?

01-10-2013 05:37 AM
Blindness for a short number of turns, maybe. Slowing, I don't know.

01-10-2013 06:27 AM
Ancient Member
slowing for 1d2-1d4 turns would be fine imo. not like clay is that common and you definitely have to switch ammo or possibly weapons + ammo

01-10-2013 12:24 PM
Quote Originally Posted by aerol
Blindness for a short number of turns, maybe. Slowing, I don't know.
I think that's a perfect idea - some percentage chance of blinding if you hit... say, 20% chance? And 2d4 turns of blindness, so that, on average, a lump of clay will give you one turn of blindness, which should keep it from being too powerful. Perhaps missile classes could get a slight improvement, 25% chance of blinding, because they're better at throwing things.

Perhaps the game could also make it so that you get a lump of clay when you Wipe Face upon being blinded by mud from one of those special rooms. As I understand it, only Mist Elves get mud at the moment - this could provide a way for other characters to get it.

01-10-2013 12:28 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn
Perhaps the game could also make it so that you get a lump of clay when you Wipe Face upon being blinded by mud from one of those special rooms. As I understand it, only Mist Elves get mud at the moment - this could provide a way for other characters to get it.
Lumps of clay can be found randomly in dungeons by any character, in fact they seem to be rather common (but the idea is nice anyway).

01-10-2013 12:31 PM
Ancient Member
And about the OP, I agree that some use should be given to clay apart from white necromancy (supposing it doesn't already have an use that we don't know).

Otherwise, it's a totally useless item for the majority of characters (it can be argued that specialized items like a fletchery set or a cooking set are also useless for the majority of characters, but any character can learn to use them in the game - they may not want to invest resources in doing so, but that's a different matter).

01-10-2013 01:11 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
Lumps of clay can be found randomly in dungeons by any character, in fact they seem to be rather common (but the idea is nice anyway).
Ah - I wasn't sure, because I'm still unable to afford to pay to get access to the newer prereleases (hopefully some time in the next month, fingers crossed).

01-10-2013 01:23 PM
Ancient Member
I like the idea! Shouldn't be too strong an effect, but would be a nice flavour.

08-01-2014 12:48 AM
Entirely agreed! I've already found lumps of clay with other characters and had nothing to do save sell them. They should have some use, however small or basic, in the same way other apparently useless items do. Maybe they could be used to gum or slow up specifically clay / construct creatures? I also second the blindness suggestion, as throwing mud or clay would do that. Perhaps you could make Potions of Mud by mixing them with Water for a 100% affliction chance when thrown, at the cost of a very useful item?

+ Reply