Floating eye paralyzation
issueid=2415 10-25-2013 10:39 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Floating eye paralyzation

Touching floating eye type of monster should not paralyze, at least not when done with a weapon.
I understand it can paralyze PC with its touch or when the PC attacks it unarmed, but a PC prodding it with a melee weapon should not be paralyzed, it doesn't make sense and additionally makes the eyes needlessly painful to deal with (on occasions) as my recent game has proven.
My promising duelist was going through big room and stabbed a floating eye with his sabre, then boom, I get paralyzed. Invisible stalker appears out of nowhere and brings my health down to -3.
I don't mind stalkers since they are a known threat that can always be lurking around, but combined with another monster's disabling ability, I think it's too much, especially in such a stupid way.
Paralyzing substance cannot magically travel along the blade of the sword and touch the skin, and I'm not even talking about gloves covering hands.
I've lost plenty of chars to stupid mistakes and what not but this just feels like too much.

So I propose to restrict paralyzation to unarmed attacks by the PC and/or blows dealt by mentioned monsters.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2415
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 18
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 6
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-25-2013 11:16 AM
While I detest monsters who paralyze you with a touch, I detest them in a way that makes me want to keep them around: it brings an aspect of challenge into the game. It's something you have to learn, and that you have to weigh out the pros and cons of attacking.

Admittedly, when it comes to Floating Eye, I would rather have it have the LOS paralysis the way a Dorn Beast does, for the sake of in-game reality. Its description says nothing about a 'paralyzing skin', and only that 'staring into its eye makes it paralyze you'. So look at it this way: you're getting off easier by having it paralyze by touch instead. ;)

+ Reply