yergius sometimes won't teach pickpocket despite meeting conditions
issueid=4554 10-18-2016 12:44 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
yergius sometimes won't teach pickpocket despite meeting conditions

Yergius will sometimes not teach pickpocketing. I don't know if my refusing to buy lockpicks beforehand has something to do with it, but I can be of the correct alignment and he just tells me I need to get more practice (same as if I had the skill but hadn't applied it successfully enough). If there is a good reason why he isn't teaching it I think the game should proffer an explanation. I did wonder if he expects me to get practice with picking locks instead, but usually he will teach me pickpockets even if I have the lockpicking skill.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4554
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-18-2016 01:40 PM
If you have shoplifted, he'll require you to practice more on that. Not sure if that ever is fulfilled, though.

10-27-2016 02:56 PM
Ancient Member
You might be on to something there... however it seems the condition to require shoplifting instead of pickpocketing is met just by entering a shop while invisible, whether or not you successfully take anything. Seems a bit harsh to be honest, and the game should probably explain it because it's rather obtuse.

10-27-2016 05:55 PM
I just tested this with exploration mode; Yergius still offered pickpocketing after I entered a shop while invisible but took nothing. He did not offer it after I did the same but took something. I wonder why we're seeing different results?

10-27-2016 09:08 PM
Ancient Member
You probably tested it better than I did.

07-06-2017 09:09 PM
Ancient Member
Perhaps I should make an RFE that Yergius actually teach pickpocketing alongside the other skills, if you become a guild-member through the shoplifting method...

07-06-2017 09:22 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by auricbond
Perhaps I should make an RFE that Yergius actually teach pickpocketing alongside the other skills, if you become a guild-member through the shoplifting method...
He already does. It costs you 6000gp to learn the skill that way.

+ Reply