NotEye preferences are not saving between new characters or reloading.
issueid=3607 02-26-2015 11:22 PM
Number of reported issues by Menaiya: 1
NotEye preferences are not saving between new characters or reloading.
I have ADOM in its own folder away from default due to having 1.20 and the new unreleased.

Windows 8.1 computer
Running ADOM Deluxe Release 56 1.13.0

Starter script:
I've tried:
@set ADOM_HOME=C:/ADOM_pre/adom
@start Adom

I've also tried
# Path is the same above
@set ADOM_HOME=%cd%
@start Adom

@set ADOM_HOME=C:\ADOM_pre\adom
@start Adom
----
It should be noted that save games are working perfectly in the new folder.

I've also changed my preferences for volume to 0 for SFX and 0 for music (I usually listen to metallica while playing )
I press the s key to save the preferences however, when I reload my character after saving and leaving, the music is back on.

the line in the NotEye interface for the S line is "s - save changes to: C:/ADOM_pre/adom/adom_dat/config-adom.noe
Issue Details
Issue Number 3607
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 8.1 (NotEye)
Status In Progress
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r56
Fixed Version ADOM r57
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt, Zeno
Tags (none)

02-27-2015 12:27 AM
The issue explicitly occurs when you reload from a save. Also swapping game modes for new characters causes the issue to reappear. Hope this helps.

03-05-2015 06:09 PM
Administrator
Release 57 will not store those configuration settings in the save game anymore. It uses the global NotEye configuration instead.

This petition for a change to In Progress was accepted
11-18-2015 01:29 AM
Since NotEYE saves the global configuration preferences, but apparently -not- some of these, most new or casual players will not know how to permanently change the settings (if this is even possible). I'd like to call for preferences such as HUD type and position and [more] prompt use to be saved globally on exit, or at least for an option to allow this to be added to the NotEYE menu. This will help a lot of people.

This petition for a change to In Progress was accepted
01-12-2016 03:45 PM
I would like to support Kelibath for the suggestion of HUD type/position and the (more) prompt to be save globally. Right now, every character I create will undergo Ctrl-n m Ctrl-n m Ctrl-k, which gets tedious after a while. Would a new RFE be warranted in this case?

01-12-2016 04:52 PM
You can change the "more" thing by adding Fast_More = true to adom.cfg. As for the HUD, yes, it would be great to be able to save it in adom.cfg as well, or if not, at least within NotEye preferences.

+ Reply