Improve Perion's Mithril Plate Mail
issueid=4348 06-30-2016 08:53 PM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
Improve Perion's Mithril Plate Mail
Currently it's inferior to dragon scale mails and EPM.

There is only one real artifact armour in the game - Perion's. (Apart from the chaos knight one, which I don't count.) The rest are robes and a leather armour. Unfortunately, Perion's is also arguably the most boring artifact in the entire game, completely lacking any character or desirability.

With [-1, +13] it's less desirable than a regular eternium plate mail, or the semi-abundant dragon scale mails, which grant immunities. With the addition of full plate armours, where an eternium FPA is around [-3, +18], I suggest that this only true artifact armour would be buffed a bit. For example, [-1, +20].

It's still a very rare item and +20 is still far from the hulking armours and anything else so in my opinion this would not be imbalancing.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4348
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 10
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-30-2016 09:24 PM
Ancient Member
I have found this far too many times, and have found it useful exactly once. For like a minute. Maybe keep the stats but add a chaos resisting effect? I'd use it very often at that point.

06-30-2016 10:51 PM
Ancient Member
What I would do is make this artifact prevent PV ignore ("punches through your armor") entirely, as in, even greater molochs would have a hard time against it.

07-01-2016 12:21 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
What I would do is make this artifact prevent PV ignore ("punches through your armor") entirely, as in, even greater molochs would have a hard time against it.
That is a much better suggestion! It'd even make bug temple easy.

07-01-2016 07:36 AM
I think that would make PMPM too powerful. I like the fact that it's a great means of protection, but not much in terms of intrinsics. There are other similar ones, such as the Iron Crown of Havlor and Protector. PMPM would fit in this club perfectly, but currently it's too weak for it.

07-01-2016 08:18 AM
It still has its uses as precrowning is available much earlier than guaranteed eternium plate mails.
But I'd go with upgrading its Resistances to Immunities.

07-01-2016 10:23 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
I think that would make PMPM too powerful. I like the fact that it's a great means of protection, but not much in terms of intrinsics. There are other similar ones, such as the Iron Crown of Havlor and Protector. PMPM would fit in this club perfectly, but currently it's too weak for it.
To be fair, we have robes of resistance which are effectively +3,+15 and grant more intrinsics than Perion's.

-1, +20 is really not that different. Perhaps it needs some more rare effect, like +life or even some unique one, like chaotic counterattack - dealing minor damage/stunning chaotic that deal damage. It's a Paladin's armor I think.

07-01-2016 10:47 AM
Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_
-1, +20 is really not that different. Perhaps it needs some more rare effect, like +life or even some unique one, like chaotic counterattack - dealing minor damage/stunning chaotic that deal damage. It's a Paladin's armor I think.
Actually, -1, +20 is all that different. It turns a virtually useless item to the probably most PV-grating armour you will be having in the game. I'd probably still use the Robes of Resistance instead, but that's not what you should compare it with - you should compare it with the armours you are likely to wear in any given game. Having both PMPM and RoR in one game is highly unlikely, so that comparison is not relevant. Pushing PV from 13 to 20 makes PMPM desirable compared to any EPM in the game - you'd probably still be lugging around some dragon scale mails, but only for their immunity intrinsics, not other usefulness.

All artifacts in the game should IMHO not be having any new and fancy intrinsics. Some can be simply fine, "normal", items. That's why I prefer PV boost over new intrinsics. :)

07-01-2016 05:10 PM
Ancient Member
Actually, -1, +20 is all that different.
I'd still pick non-white dragon mail over -1,+20.

07-01-2016 09:30 PM
Ancient Member
Maybe drastically reduce critical chance for both the wearer and the opponent.

07-02-2016 09:18 PM
Ancient Member
Making it [-1,+18] or so seems reasonable to me.

07-05-2016 01:43 AM
Ancient Member
I'd merge Trusted One and this into one item.

So it would be like [+3,+15] but have all resistances.

09-08-2017 09:47 PM
The Creator
The plate mail has been improved. You will like it.

+ Reply