Option to display character stats at top of screen
issueid=3226 07-23-2014 04:34 PM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Option to display character stats at top of screen
I would love an option to see my character stats at the top of the screen, by the message buffer

I would love an option to see my character stats at the top of the screen, probably above the message buffer.

[Edit: This may be a mostly ASCII issue, since noteye has a hp bar, and bubble animations coming.]

I recently realised that during intense combats, I constantly have to flicker my eyes from the very top to the very bottom of the screen to track both the combat messages and the changes to my HP. Once I became aware of this, it became increasingly annoying, and I realise that this has been slowing me up for years (or sometimes, leading me to not look closely at one or the other, rushing and getting killed). I expect many people who are used to the current display would like the option to retain it, but I also believe that the game would be much more pleasant and functional to play with the character stats adjacant to the message buffer.

I have attached an image of what the game would look like with the stats at the top of the screen. The white lines are a side-effect of my poor cut/pasting in paint, but I do sort-of like having a divide between the stats, the buffer, and the graphics - so perhaps that is something to consider as well?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3226
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r50
Implemented Version ADOM r53
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-23-2014 04:34 PM
Issue Changed by shockeroo