Make thrown potions of deafness useful
issueid=5534 10-28-2017 01:59 AM
Number of reported issues by sillihai: 43
Make thrown potions of deafness useful

When a player character is deaf they're unable to cast any spells. It would be interesting if you could to apply the same effect on monsters with thrown potions of deafness, so their spells and summoning abilities are disabled for a number of turns. There should be a chance for the effect to fail depending on the target, so you should very rarely if ever be able to disable the ACW or Nuurag.

This would make for some strategic depth, i.e. do I get close to that emperor lich to throw a potion on it (and risk getting surrounded), or do I stay at a doorway and kill off the summoned mooks one by one...
Issue Details
Issue Number 5534
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-28-2017 02:15 AM
Ancient Member
PCs can cast spells while deaf.

10-28-2017 02:21 AM
Hmm, I could've sworn it worked like that.

Then again you *could* make it so you can't cast. Isn't magic supposed to work by 'casting arcane incantations' or whatever, so not being able to hear yourself would hinder that somewhat.

10-28-2017 11:54 AM
You could probably give a deaf PC or monster a chance to fail a spell (similar to one of the corruptions) for the reason stated, but what you're actually looking for in this case is a potion of muteness (which currently, to my knowledge, doesn't exist).

10-28-2017 12:21 PM
Muteness, yes! That's what I confused it for. Having a potion for that would be nice.

10-28-2017 12:27 PM
Yeah, I agree, that would be good to have.

+ Reply