Rework 'mud bath' room effect
issueid=5522 10-27-2017 09:14 PM
Number of reported issues by sillihai: 43
Rework 'mud bath' room effect

Finding a mud bath room and getting hit in the face with a glob of mud can be confusing for a new player, if they're not aware of the wipe face command. And even for a long time player it's easy to miss the room message and assume you were blinded by a light trap. The effect could result in a recurring "Your eyes are covered in mud!" message to make it more apparent. Or you could make it so the PC automatically wipes the mud off, or make the mud wear off after a number of turns. Less confusion for new and experienced players alike. :)
Issue Details
Issue Number 5522
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-27-2017 11:14 PM
Just thought I'd mention that right now there is a quick hint that advises a player on the 'F' command.

10-27-2017 11:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Taederias
Just thought I'd mention that right now there is a quick hint that advises a player on the 'F' command.
Ah, I see. I haven't played for many versions and didn't find this in the changelog. It's a nice change.

10-29-2017 12:55 PM
Just a side note. Please let's not make PC automatically wipe his face. At the moment mud room is the only way to play blind PC challenge.

10-29-2017 02:00 PM
RFE: [u]sing a scalpel allows removing eyes/ears for challenge runs.

And/or implement blindfolds. Perhaps with a decent chance to be generated with useful intrinsics, and/or autocursing.

+ Reply