More challenge-related Steam achievements
issueid=5436 10-18-2017 02:09 PM
Number of reported issues by moozooh: 17
More challenge-related Steam achievements
Surprisingly, many good ones are still missing!

Challenges are fun and can suggest new and interesting ways of playing the game. So far, aside from the separate challenge categories like *** Man, we have achievements for self-inflicted challenges like not using herbs and not using magic throughout the game. But those aren't the only powerful things one can decisively and systematically avoid. Why not include more of those as well to recognize players who truly enjoy challenging themselves?

1. Atheist: Win the game without increasing nor using piety. Using a holy symbol to turn undead would be allowed since its effects on the undead has nothing to do with the user's faith.

2. Off the bottle: Win without drinking any potion nor using Alchemy. (T)hrowing and (u)sing would still be allowed when applicable. Not sure about dipping, since it's what makes holy water so good, but having no access to potions of ultra healing, gain attributes, and cure corruption can be quite challenging by itself. Debatable.

3. Truly illiterate: Win the game without ever having Literacy skill. Pretty self-explanatory.

4. Wand hater: Win the game without zapping any wands. Also self-explanatory.

5. True Strength: Win the game as a Paragon of Order. Honestly surprised it's rewarded by an artifact and a huge score boost but not made into an achievement yet.

6. Masochist: Win a personalized game at a >200% highscore rate.

7. Try the other mode: Create a personalized game at a <5% highscore rate. A joke achievement to egg on players who go all out with the easy settings instead of using the actual Easy mode.

(Suggested names are subject to change.)
Issue Details
Issue Number 5436
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-18-2017 02:19 PM
8. Starving Man - win the game without ever eating. :)

10-18-2017 02:24 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
You're so evil. :)

10-18-2017 02:35 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Taederias
You're so evil. :)
I'm serious, I've managed to do it back in Adom 1.0.0. :)

10-18-2017 02:57 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
Haha, love that one! Although it definitely shouldn't be available on personalized no-hunger games.

Did you do it with a monk able to write scrolls of satiation and sustaining themself with Survival/potions/prayers? (I wonder if Wolf affects satiation coming from non-food sources...)

10-18-2017 03:04 PM
I did it with a dwarven monk. Scrolls/potions turned out to be a useless way of satiation, so had to resort to ten million prayers instead. I wrote a YAVP about it on r.g.r.a back then, and it's still found.

10-18-2017 03:06 PM
Wow, massive.

10-20-2017 11:56 AM
Atheist: Win the game without increasing nor using piety. Using a holy symbol to turn undead would be allowed since its effects on the undead has nothing to do with the user's faith.
To my knowledge original challenge was about denying existance of holy water entirely and not using an altar anyhow for whatever reason. Needless to say, no prayers.

10-20-2017 03:28 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
To my knowledge original challenge was about denying existance of holy water entirely and not using an altar anyhow for whatever reason. Needless to say, no prayers.
Right now denying the existence of holy water is something the game itself cannot track (e.g. you can still find and identify holy water even if you decide not to use it—and you cannot possibly prove you haven't). However, your comment gave me another idea that could make this possible to track properly.

+ Reply