Inventory interface upgrades
issueid=2748 03-08-2014 12:52 AM
Number of reported issues by Qui: 98
Inventory interface upgrades

I have a few suggestions on how to make the inventory screens more user-friendly and intuitive.

1. Allow to go to the item type list by hotkey from the main inventory screen.

Why? Let's say you want to see your rings. You go inventory -> view stuff -> =rings.
I'd like a change that inventory -> =rings would have the same effect. One keypress less, no downside.

2. Allow to use item type hotkeys (% for food, = for rings, etc) in extended drop menu :d.

Why? Because these are more intuitive/easier to remember, as they are used in more places and also are the graphical representations of the items. So, if I want to drop all books, I could go :d". Right now I have to go :d ...uhhh what was the letter again... t.

Current letter choices could stay of course, for those who prefer them. Unfortunately, this would mean changing the binding for cursed items and items with unknown status.

3. Allow item type hotkeys to move the list when using comfortable drop ctrl+d.

Why? Right now you need to scroll it manually, which is not all that comfortable. Let's say for example that I have multiple stacks of rocks I want to drop. I need to do ctrl+d and then pg dn as many times as required to get there. Which can be quite a few. I'd like to do ctrl+d and then / instead - to have the comfortable drop list scrolled to missiles.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2748
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

12-26-2015 05:45 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin