Make Thundarr drop the Potion of Literacy when killed
issueid=1524 12-21-2012 10:42 AM
Number of reported issues by wzq: 4
Make Thundarr drop the Potion of Literacy when killed

This was suggested on the forum but could not find any RFEs concerning it, so..

Making Thundarr drop the Potion of Literacy when killed would give the possibility of learning literacy for chaos knight without changing alignment. It would also encourage different playing styles for other characters.
I don't know how hard Thundarr is as an enemy, but he could be beefed up if there is any balance problems.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1524
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-21-2012 10:59 AM
Ancient Member
Making Thundarr drop the Potion of Literacy when killed would give the possibility of learning literacy for chaos knight without changing alignment.
You can get literacy by eating black wizard and dark sage corpses, so the possibility already exists.

12-21-2012 02:10 PM
Ancient Member
If I had a potion of literacy, I wouldn't wear it on my person - I'd store it in a cupboard until I figure out what to even do with it. I doubt Thrundarr would go about it in any other way.

12-21-2012 04:52 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Laukku
You can get literacy by eating black wizard and dark sage corpses
Black wizards never leave corpses?

I don't know how hard Thundarr is as an enemy, but he could be beefed up if there is any balance problems.
He has huge PV and shrugs bolts like crazy. Not a problem otherwise.

12-21-2012 05:11 PM
Ancient Member
Black wizards totally leave corpses, but I'm not sure whether they grant literacy or not off the top of my mind. Dark sages definitely do.

Maybe chaos knights should get an option to kill the ghost librarian in an especially chaos-like manner and eat some of his essence, gaining literacy that way. Nothing says that their particular solution has to be Thrundarr, too.

12-21-2012 10:37 PM
Ancient Member
Heh.. Benmathiessen found out chaos knights *already can* gain the skill from scratch from the ghost librarian.

12-21-2012 10:48 PM
Ancient Member
I had no idea! I don't even have 1.2.0p7, dammit

12-21-2012 11:06 PM
Ancient Member
Just a note: Thrundarr is basically impossible to kill in melee (he has 100 PV) before you've gotten significantly farther into the game. Anyway, I agree this shouldn't be so easy, especially since you can apparently get it from Librarian.

01-10-2013 03:29 PM
The Creator
Killing is not the intended way here :-)

+ Reply