Trident of Red Rooster shoudn't be made of iron
issueid=1491 12-18-2012 07:17 PM
Number of reported issues by Narsil: 3
Trident of Red Rooster shoudn't be made of iron

It's pretty self-explanatory. TotRR is made of iron, which is not only anticlimatic (The Supreme Artifact, Final Weapon, Wunderwaffe and Godslayer made of mundane iron?), but also dangerous to UE mist elves - dying because of iron contamination in Andor Drakon palace isn't funny...
Issue Details
Issue Number 1491
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-18-2012 09:59 PM
Ancient Member
It is made of iron, it has been for many years. Now because of one new race it must be changed.

Mist elves? They aren't concerned about becoming god thing.

Equip it before the final blow.

Maybe suggest that gauntlets protect mist elves from iron weapons?

12-18-2012 11:20 PM
In my opinion, Mist Elves should have a way to protect themselves from Iron, but it shouldn't be trivial to obtain.

At the very minimum, I'd make it so that the Elemental Gauntlets protect from wielded iron items - that is, things in the hands. Perhaps the same could apply to Thick Gauntlets.

Having all gauntlets and gloves protect them from iron weapons and shields perfectly seems like it defeats the primary point of the danger.

Alternatively, make it so that iron artifact items are like iron rings - you can only wear/wield one such item, but one is safe. I'd use the same counter, too - so you can't wear both an iron ring and an iron artifact at the same time, without the negative effects.

12-18-2012 11:45 PM
Ancient Member
Just fyi, elemental gauntlets are iron, Aielyn. I don't think it should be added to them because they're a very desirable artifact; having to choose another glove item over them is always good. Thick gauntlets would be ideal.

12-18-2012 11:55 PM
Ancient Member
elemental guantlets don't cause issues for mist elves - you sure it doesn't exclude artifacts?

01-10-2013 05:21 PM
The Creator
Actually gauntlets _do_ protect mist elves from damage from iron weapons? No problem here. And the trident is so ancient, in those times they still used iron ;-)

+ Reply