Piles of corpses on the sheep level
issueid=2111 04-11-2013 05:22 PM
Number of reported issues by Bieks: 47
Piles of corpses on the sheep level

The banshee level, everyone knows it. Corpses aplenty and all that. Except at several places (the last spaces of the corridors leading to the central room with the banshee in it). In those places, instead of one corpse there are piles of 10 or more corpses. It would seem to me that they're supposed to be divided somewhat more evenly over the level?
Issue Details
Issue Number 2111
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP (NotEye)
Status Not a Bug
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 13
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-11-2013 05:30 PM
Ancient Member
Monsters picked up corpses lying on the ground and then walked near the banshee and died, perhaps?

04-11-2013 06:17 PM
The piles are always on both sides of the room, and are always 10-15 big. I've been at this level 3 times now with the prereleases. I also reached this place long before they would even have time to pick up that many corpses. Technically possible since I didn't bother to apply the monster detection ability of the mindcrafter I'm currently playing, but highly improbable.

EDIT: In fact, there's a pile of corpses in every single corridor leading to the banshee's room like this. Definitely wasn't random monsters picking up stuff.

04-11-2013 08:15 PM
Ancient Member
I've been assuming this is a combination of picked-up corpses and monsters getting within range of her wails.

But agree that there isn't enough time for this, so maybe it is intentionally done this way, to warn the player that something is up.

TB did mention he added some extra warning, maybe these stacks are one of the additions?

04-11-2013 08:22 PM
I think the message upon entering the level is a lot more urgent now

04-11-2013 09:01 PM
I think this is new intentional behavior and part of the "more obvious warning" coupled with the new message upon entering the level.

04-23-2014 09:09 PM
Administrator
Is very likely intentional, but let Thomas take a look at the distribution of the corpses.

04-24-2014 04:17 AM
Ancient Member
I think this was an intentional change to give a big hint about the upcoming danger. It's only started happening in recent prereleases (maybe pre7?)

04-26-2014 08:17 AM
The Creator
It's intentional to tell people that _now_ things really are getting serious.

+ Reply