Request: 'l'ook feature
issueid=444 08-28-2011 09:38 PM
Number of reported issues by henrythewhite: 12
Request: 'l'ook feature
Please implement a 'l'ook feature in the near future

As I am some variation of red-green colorblind, I often find distinguishing between different monsters to be an adventure. In ADOM I could always use the 'l'ook command when unsure of what gradation of pink/green/red/brown/purple/what-have-you some foebeast was, but since this hasn't yet been implemented in JADE I often have to attack things to find out what they are.

A 'l'ook feature isn't as important as bug fixes, but it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. and if possible, please don't make important quest givers red when all the other people there are brown. The tiny girl is *really* hard to find in ADOM.
Issue Details
Issue Number 444
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version JADE 0.1.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-06-2011 01:20 PM
I'd like to have this feature implemented ASAP as well. It's kinda annoying to get killed by an orcish brute because you think it's an orcish warrior.

09-08-2011 06:33 AM
Even if Thomas didn't implement the 'm'ore part of 'l'ook right away I think it would still be very useful

09-12-2011 08:07 AM
I've heard some 10% of men are colour blind to at least some degree - so it's well worth bearing in mind...

03-21-2012 02:03 PM
Can this feature status be changed to Implemented?

03-22-2012 09:58 PM
Also, it's probably worth mentioning that Thomas has stated he has intentions of (perhaps) implementing a special option for people with difficulties discerning various colors. Features that are required to get the game to a more playable state, as you could likely imagine, probably will have much priority over this, however. Even if it does come around it may yet be some time because there is still a lot of hard work required to get many of the game's core features implemented and polished.

01-03-2013 01:00 AM
Shouldn't this issue by closed now?

+ Reply