The frog quest is too advantageous
issueid=6156 03-30-2018 06:54 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Nezur: 13
The frog quest is too advantageous
Kissing countless frogs combined with drinking potions of exchange every now and then

I believe the frog quest can make the player character too powerful because one is able to complete the quest an infinite number of times according to an online source. I also learnt that every frog will become a prince given enough kisses. I read on another website that the chance of growing a wart instead of being rewarded is just 25%. Relatively speaking, potions of exchange at least used to be fairly common so having Music or Calm Monster likely makes one able to increase a few attributes to 99. Due to the quest picking a female player character is excessively better than choosing a male one as long as Music or Calm Monster will be available.

Edit: This request can probably be ignored or removed. Please see my latest post in the comment thread below.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6156
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 3.1.4
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 6
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-30-2018 06:56 PM
So have you validated this yourself?

03-30-2018 07:00 PM
Ancient Member
No, I haven't. I'm going to test the quest now.

03-30-2018 07:20 PM
Ancient Member
Lol, have fun with all them frogs! Btw, the warts will give you -char as well as ap. It takes so long to grind out you could've beaten the game by then. Not to mention you need tons of holy water to bless the ap potions.

03-30-2018 08:48 PM
Ancient Member
My player character just kissed 5 frogs and each time she got a wart so I think the chance to fail is greater than 25%. If the probability was so low, the chance of not producing a prince 5 times in row would be 0.25 to the 5th power which is about 0.1%. This request for a feature can probably be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47
Lol, have fun with all them frogs! Btw, the warts will give you -char as well as ap. It takes so long to grind out you could've beaten the game by then. Not to mention you need tons of holy water to bless the ap potions.
You can only beat the game if you're skilled enough and your character is strong enough. I thought the quest could potentially make winning much easier through a boring type of gameplay. It also appeared to make females much better in the manner I described.

03-30-2018 09:04 PM
Ancient Member
The real advantage would actually be continuing to kiss frogs after your ap and charisma reach 1. until you get a _ton_ of potions of beauty. Then raising ap up high, then use potions of balance, raise ap high again after cha becomes average then use potion of exchange. Btw, you can kiss frogs again after they become hostile if you have calm monster spell.

03-30-2018 10:44 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47
The real advantage would actually be continuing to kiss frogs after your ap and charisma reach 1. until you get a _ton_ of potions of beauty. Then raising ap up high, then use potions of balance, raise ap high again after cha becomes average then use potion of exchange. Btw, you can kiss frogs again after they become hostile if you have calm monster spell.
I've tried it once ages ago, probably in 1.1.1 yet. It was super-tedious and took quite a lot of in-game time. Proofed possible though...

03-30-2018 11:04 PM
Ancient Member
Oh I agree entirely with you. I had a wizard play around with this quest, and while possible, it took a lot of time in rl and game time. Totally not worth it.

03-31-2018 08:35 AM
Ancient Member
Never mind advantageous, in its current condition it doesn't make sense.

03-31-2018 09:29 AM
Doing this is so tedious that it'd probably be easier or at least more fun to just make an archmage.

+ Reply