Highlighting the chosen option quickly
issueid=4451 09-11-2016 09:10 PM
Number of reported issues by Renozhin: 11
Highlighting the chosen option quickly
To enable easier following along when streaming

Hello!

I don't stream ADOM often. That's probably because following along when someone is playing ADOM is nigh impossible because of all the menuing. What I am suggesting is that when you select something from a menu, that option is highlighted for a short duration to indicate to the viewer which option has been chosen. This would increase menuing times, which is Really Bad. However, this could (hopefully) easily be an option either in the game settings or the settings for NotEye.

I, for one, would really like to see ADOM become more streamer-friendly!

Kind regards,
Oscar Bergqvist
Issue Details
Issue Number 4451
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM r70 (v2.2.4)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-11-2016 11:05 PM
Ancient Member
Interesting idea!

I guess as a temporary measure you can use the mouse to highlight and then select the options? Seems to work for the most common menus.

09-12-2016 12:30 AM
Some kind of option for it would be welcome, indeed. I occationally play ADOM on Twitch as well, and I do hear every now and then that it is difficult to watch. Even if I'm trying to explain what we're doing when going through ui commands, those watching still can't see what was selected which is understandably a little confusing.

Hardly what I'd consider a top priority feature request, but.. why not? :)

09-12-2016 07:09 PM
Yeah, I suppose you could highlight with the mouse. However, I think I speak for many ADOM players when I say that I hardly ever touch the mouse while playing and I don't really want to need to use it. It's not a super important thing, but I think it's a step in the right direction for making it more enjoyable for those who like watching.

09-13-2016 03:03 PM
As a little bit of streaming feedback, devs might appreciate to hear that I've been told by a few people that they do find it entertaining to watch ADOM being played on stream while getting horrendously butchered by RNGesus :)

09-13-2016 07:26 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter
As a little bit of streaming feedback, devs might appreciate to hear that I've been told by a few people that they do find it entertaining to watch ADOM being played on stream while getting horrendously butchered by RNGesus :)
Yeah, I think there is definitely potential as a streaming game; it's kind of unique in that it takes a lot of time and you get very involved in your character in a way that is possibly very entertaining to watch. It would be nice to get some focus on this, actually!

+ Reply