troll guts
issueid=3964 11-05-2015 07:11 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blank4u47: 29
troll guts

I am going to start by saying that i believe that a trolls metabolism is fine as it is.

that said, i feel that a troll should be able to eat more food before he gets satiated.
what i propose is an increase to trolls digestive capacity by 50% due to the fact that they are 2.5 to 7 times larger than any other playable race out there. it would also have the effect of requiring less food storage and less constant eating.
the numbers would look like this; -50-249 = hungry 250-2250=normal 2251-3750 satiated 3751+ bloated

this would allow you to eat 1-2 more meals than another race before you are bloated, as well as allow your troll to experience a longer wait time before needing to eat, without reducing your metabolism.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3964
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r70 (v2.2.4)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 23
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-05-2015 07:24 PM
Ancient Member
I like this. I also always felt the wolf star sign should have a similar (and stackable with this idea) bonus (along with a general effort of making star signs equally attractive to get). Makes for an easier time with useful corpses.

11-05-2015 07:28 PM
Seeing something like "implemented troll guts" in changelog would be awesome! :D

Supported - it do make sense, it's fine for balance, could make better impression and finally it's yet another small racial ability.

11-06-2015 02:37 PM
Makes all the sense.

11-07-2015 02:48 AM
Makes sense, and means less annoying hunger micromanagement. Double thumbs up from me.

11-22-2015 07:47 PM
Ancient Member
Sorry to bring this up again, but I think this a fun feature and should be considered. That said however, if it's decided against by Thomas I'm cool with that too, I will still think trolls are fun :)

11-22-2015 07:56 PM
Ancient Member
Yeah, bumping your own RFE's suggests they're more important than the others, so it should be done with good reason. There are a LOT of good RFE's.

11-22-2015 08:03 PM
Ancient Member
True, I was attempting to be humble but you make a good point.

I think this feature would be an excellent way to make trolls more approachable to a newer community just learning the game, as it would make trolls more survivable in the early game, and reduce food carried throughout the game.

11-22-2015 09:22 PM
Ancient Member
Yes it would. I hope Thomas doesn't make the game too easy though out of fear of scaring players away--that would be missing the point of what the game's appeal is, it's for a certain sort of player and shouldn't compromise. We don't want to be ushering players through to victory as if that's the only thing they'd care about. (Not saying that you're proposing that, but just thought I'd get this thought out here since what you said made me think of it). i think the game is possibly at its most fun when you're new and seeing it with fresh eyes... looking vicariously at some of the new 'stupid death' posts from newbies has reminded me of that forgotten feeling. :)

11-24-2015 01:27 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by auricbond
Yes it would. I hope Thomas doesn't make the game too easy though out of fear of scaring players away--that would be missing the point of what the game's appeal is, it's for a certain sort of player and shouldn't compromise. We don't want to be ushering players through to victory as if that's the only thing they'd care about. (Not saying that you're proposing that, but just thought I'd get this thought out here since what you said made me think of it). i think the game is possibly at its most fun when you're new and seeing it with fresh eyes... looking vicariously at some of the new 'stupid death' posts from newbies has reminded me of that forgotten feeling. :)
I don't think we need to worry about him making the game too easy, he's always done an amazing job at making this game a unique and deadly adventure, kinda like playing Russian roulette every game :)

Call me morbid, but I am so looking forward to some fresh YASD posts too.

11-26-2015 03:36 AM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
Seeing something like "implemented troll guts" in changelog would be awesome! :D
Totally!

In seriousness, this sounds like an RFE that not only adds variety to the game but improves the playing experience, all without unbalancing it too much. As long as this was implemented at a level which didn't favour trolls over other races it'd be great.
Upvoted.

09-17-2016 04:27 AM
Ancient Member
*begins necromatic ritual*

09-18-2016 02:45 AM
kali ma kali ma

09-18-2016 05:49 PM
Ancient Member
Nice work, I haven't seen this before, until your necromancy brought it to my attention. Upvoted, great suggestion.
You can safely roll a human necromancer now, you have a natural talent.

08-09-2017 06:06 PM
Ancient Member
Badabump!

08-10-2017 07:38 AM
The Creator
Interesting feature. The only bad thing (right now) is that hunger levels (an ancient part of the code) are pretty hard-coded and changing that might be quite a challenge. I will consider it though given the number of bumps ;-) But not for the next release... we finally need to release more often ;-)

08-10-2017 10:49 AM
Ancient Member
Yay!

08-10-2017 03:59 PM
Ancient Member
Soft-coding ftw.

I had a similar idea that wolf starsign perhaps could increase stomach capacity. Wolf guts. Would be interesting to see them stack together with troll guts.

+ Reply