Reconsider bugbiter as duelist crowning gift
issueid=1655 01-05-2013 05:01 PM
Number of reported issues by rho: 10
Reconsider bugbiter as duelist crowning gift
Duelists can be crowned with bugbiter, even though they have penalties learning polearms.

Given that duelists receive bonuses to learning weapon proficiencies for most one-handed weapons but receive penalties to gain weapon proficiencies with polearms, it seems very odd that one of their potetial crowning gifts is Bugbiter, a spear. I suggest that this crowning gift is replaced with something else, probably an artifact weapon from one of the weapon classes they receive benefits with.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1655
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 8
Status Duplicate
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 20
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-07-2013 11:29 PM
I'd like to lend my Yes to this suggestion, and also suggest that an artifact whip be added to the game to fill the slot. Duelists make great whip wielders thanks to their high dexterity, and there are already two swords and one axe in their crowning gift pool.

01-08-2013 01:02 AM
Ancient Member
Bracers of war would also be fitting for them.

01-08-2013 11:37 AM
>rapiers/sabers
>gloves

why not a cloak?

01-08-2013 04:20 PM
Ancient Member
Either the cloak (probably not the Oman, but the other one) or Serpent's Byte (makes perfect R/P sense for DElven duelists for example)

01-08-2013 04:26 PM
Ancient Member
There are many new artifacts that need to be added. Why not an artifact whip, as aerol suggests? It would be cool to finally have a good weapon for the whip class that is at least moderately attainable.

01-08-2013 05:30 PM
Brannalbin's cloak of defense grants invisibility, which if you ask me is pretty out of character for a duelist, confident in his superior skill and looking for a good mano a mano rather than relying on complicated tricks.

But you already know what I really want in my duelist heart of hearts. "You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd. "Artifact whip!" "Artifact whip!" "Artifact whip!""

12-04-2013 02:56 AM
Related: 2513.

01-22-2014 08:49 PM

03-17-2014 03:07 AM
Ancient Member
This should be marked as implemented or duplicate.

+ Reply