Scrolls of Item Destruction varitions and improvements
issueid=4183 12-22-2015 09:09 PM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Scrolls of Item Destruction varitions and improvements

Actually 2 propositions:

Improvement:
Remove the 4-item minimum (so these things are more useful for getting rid of trapped armor / cursed items instead of just a 25% chance)

Variation:
Make blessed destroy a specific item.
Make cursed destroy all equipped items.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4183
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-22-2015 09:22 PM
Ancient Member
Certainly an up vote.

12-22-2015 09:39 PM
+ suggested way is more obvious than the current implementation. How one could guess about 4 item restriction without a wiki? Even if anyone would scroll won't be useful anyhow, but, heck why it can't be useful when you really need to destroy something?

12-23-2015 03:13 AM
Absolutely. 4 item restriction is completely unintuitive - the scroll just seems to not to work without any reason.

12-23-2015 08:41 AM
Upvoting, although I'd rather see Cursed scrolls destroy a few items (two to four) than the entire inventory, or maybe have a higher chance of targeting something valuable.

12-23-2015 01:13 PM
Ancient Member
It's not like these are so common that the 4-item minimum makes them too powerful.

I like the suggestion that blessed lets you pick the object (without dropping all your inventory), normal picks a random one (so you want to only have 1 thing), and cursed does all equipped.

12-26-2015 01:24 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Kelibath
I'd rather see Cursed scrolls destroy a few items (two to four) than the entire inventory
I agree, destroying all equipped items is too harsh, even for ADOM. The other suggestions have my vote.

12-26-2015 03:53 AM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
I agree, destroying all equipped items is too harsh, even for ADOM. The other suggestions have my vote.
I picked all equipped items because it's an effect already in the game (an angry God will wipe your equips.)

I think it's actually okay, however, I don't have very strong feelings on this part. Maybe 2d3 equipped items, maybe weapon and armor, maybe 2d6 items from inventory, or anything similar to the above - all would be fine. :)

12-26-2015 01:39 PM
Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo
I picked all equipped items because it's an effect already in the game (an angry God will wipe your equips.)

I think it's actually okay, however, I don't have very strong feelings on this part. Maybe 2d3 equipped items, maybe weapon and armor, maybe 2d6 items from inventory, or anything similar to the above - all would be fine. :)
How about destroying an item with the highest value / highest DV/PV/to-hit/to-damage except artifacts? :)

+ Reply