[RFE] Idea about PC ghosts
issueid=3342 10-13-2014 09:09 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
[RFE] Idea about PC ghosts

I was thinking about nether forces condemning the soul of an adventurer to eternal suffering - why not change it so that the outcome is alignment dependent?
Imagine dying as a chaotic character. The ghost would thereafter haunt *all* future PCs that encounter it, as chaotic creatures normally do.
A neutral character would after death have a chance to be non-hostile to neutrals (just a lost spirit roaming the dungeons) and could still be attacked by the PC if he wished that.
Finally, a lawful character dying would return as a ghost that does not attack other lawful creatures.
It wouldn't necessarily be lawful itself, as that usually prompts other monsters to attack it (vel blink dogs getting slaughtered after some time or occasional random ki-rins taking on deep CoC monsters on their own), but they would not attack a lawful PC.
This reflects at least some of their nature in the previous life and I think it makes sense that not all ghosts should be evil.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3342
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-13-2014 05:47 PM
Ancient Member
Idk, final death can do things to your consciousness, can't it?

11-19-2015 05:49 PM
Is this something that happens every time, or just on random occasion? It's the first time I've seen the message but I only just updated to R61.
I think alignment should have some sort of effect. I like the idea that lawful characters might continue to be a source of benevolence and support, even after death. Neutral PC ghosts might be less likely to be aggressive, and chaotics always aggressive.

+ Reply