Use huge rocks to disarm pit traps.
issueid=4514 10-05-2016 07:35 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Use huge rocks to disarm pit traps.

Small thing but I believe it fits within the world of ADOM.
It always bothered me that you couldn't disarm pit traps using the related skill.
You can do it with the spell or you can cover it with a blanket and THEN disarm it with the skill. Strange.

Thus, I propose that pit traps should be disarmable with huge rocks (obviously, by dumping them into the hole, thus leveling the ground). Possibly with hundreds of regular rocks too.
It would still require the skill and failure to apply it properly would do something nasty but at least there would be a semi-decent way to get rid of those pit traps in crucial areas that you frequently walk over, like some corridors in CoC.
Maybe even some snakes could crawl out of the pit when it's disarmed, more than usually, or a continuous generation like with anthills.
If I had a dollar for every KNOWN pit trap my char fell into... this RFE would take the dollars away but would make me and couple of people, I believe, quite happy.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4514
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-05-2016 07:47 PM
Ancient Member
Great idea!

10-05-2016 08:05 PM
Ancient Member
Can't say I ever have that problem, but it seems like a simple and elegant solution.

10-17-2016 09:33 AM
Hmm,im was thinks it always work..

10-17-2016 10:03 AM
Ancient Member
Indeed, it is already in the game. Doesn't require disarm traps; just throwing a huge rock onto a space with a pit trap.

Code:
The huge rock (-10, 10d6) doesn't hit anything. You hear a thudding sound. The huge rock (-10, 10d6) fills the pit and closes it!

10-26-2016 04:41 AM
ADOM keeps impressing me. After years of playing I didn't managed to discover this :)

10-26-2016 08:42 AM
Ancient Member
Elderon's hairy ballsack! This is amazing.
I admit I made the RFE without actually checking if it wasn't already in the game.

+ Reply