NotEye: Incorrect placement of grass and health-bar sprites in tactical mode..
issueid=3058 06-08-2014 12:37 PM
Number of reported issues by tkoyah: 10
NotEye: Incorrect placement of grass and health-bar sprites in tactical mode..

This bug has been around for a while (probably since PR20 at least), on both Windows and Mac platforms. (Haven't tried Linux)

When switching to tactical mode (ctrl+m -> adom specific options -> tactial mode on) the grass texture, rather than being at the players feet, moves to be on or above their head. Doesn't appear to be affected by any other settings I change in NotEye: I tried it with my preferred settings (size 32 tiles, no scrolling, no health-bars, etc), then started another game with default settings (I deleted the ADOM preferences directory), and this time just tried switching tactical mode on and off. ..The problem always appears when tactical mode is on.

When testing this for this bug report I also noticed that (in tactical mode) the health-bars were on the player and villager's heads, rather than being above them, and on the child was actually positioned over their face. I'll add images, first without tactical mode, then the same scene with tactical mode, and the grass-sprites pointed out with red arrows.

Thinking about it a little more: Do the grass-under-the-feet sprites make any sense in tactical mode? I'm wondering if maybe they should just be removed, as we're no longer trying to show a 3/4 view with the player/monster standing in the grass. Isn't tactical view more about showing "this is a grass tile and this is a monster that's on that tile", without any embellishments to make it look 'real'?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3058
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

03-20-2018 07:37 AM
Administrator