[RFE] adom.cfg
issueid=4106 11-27-2015 06:19 AM
Number of reported issues by elvest: 1
[RFE] adom.cfg

Getting rid of adom.cfg would make Adom a lot more accessible. Before .cfg type of files were a standard but right now it takes effort to even find the file. Adom.cfg holds many many important quality of life settings and at least for me it's a must to modify. Newer players probably don't find it or even know it exists.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4106
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users adom-admin, jt
Tags (none)

11-27-2015 08:46 AM
Could always leave it where it is and just make its settings available for modification through the "settings" banner? That seems the simplest way to do it.

Then people used to putting the cfg file in text editor can still do that. Whenever there's a version change, I usually do that to paste in the tweaks I'm used to -- I can never remember the symbols for the auto pick-up list that I've refined over the years. :)

11-27-2015 11:37 PM
You can already view the contents of the .cfg file with '='. It'd be cool if you could edit a variable in the same screen.

11-27-2015 11:49 PM
There should definitely be a way to edit the settings from the main menu, I think that's the crux of this RFE.

Also please consider incorporating this if it gets a good reaction: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4110

11-29-2015 04:34 AM
Absolutely. Change the settings from the main menu - make the game easier to access for the average Steam gamer.

07-30-2017 09:59 AM
The Creator
Implemented.

07-31-2017 07:44 AM
Is it saving the file from the game? Is there any chance to get real fancy 'options' screen if ut's not there yet?

+ Reply