Unable to level up-- required xp has negative value
issueid=297 07-20-2011 01:18 AM
Number of reported issues by adamalive: 12
Unable to level up-- required xp has negative value

Running a male human fighter in JADE 0.1.2, and despite having slaughtered many creatures I'm yet to level up.

I checked my required 'x'p for the next level, and it's in the negatives. I thought I remembered seeing a similar issue posted somewhere, but I'm now unable to find it.

I didn't experience this in previous versions-- Perhaps something is askew since the change making xp requirements per level less linear? Is anybody else getting this?

Issue Details
Issue Number 297
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Not a Bug
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version JADE 0.1.2
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-20-2011 01:38 AM
Ok, the character levelled up finally (somehow?) and the required xp for next level (level 3) is still in the negatives:

07-20-2011 05:29 AM
The Creator
You are reading the chart incorrectly. The column "Required Experience Points" says that you need 1064 xp for level 3. The "Missing Experience Points" column tells you that you need to acquire 262 more experience points to get to that level, probably because you already have collected 1064-517=547 xp. The last column is stupid in the way it displays information, so I will remove it when converting the xp screen to an ASCII screen (see http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=298).

07-20-2011 05:53 AM
Ah, I see. Sorry for the confusion.. I suppose that last column threw me a bit.

Cheers :)

+ Reply