Slight adjustments to player race sprites
issueid=4647 12-27-2016 06:39 AM
Number of reported issues by Jarinex: 10
Slight adjustments to player race sprites

Since Ravenmore asked for some ideas for sprite improvement, I thought I would write up one I was wanting to make for a while

I would like (if possible) to see some minor changes to the details to some of the player race sprites.

Here are the specific ones:

Dark Elf, Ratling

For these two, I would like to have the skin (fur) color of their hands to match the skin (fur) of their faces

Drakeling, Orc

For these two, I would like their hands colored the green like their skin. I would also like to maybe see if we can change their body models slightly.
Frankly, right now they look like they have a human body with an orc/drake for a head. I think it would be awesome to give them a separate body model, similar to what the merchants look like:

Trolls

The troll model definitely looks the goofiest of all the playable races right now. It looks like a human killed a troll and made a mask out of its head
I would like to see the same thing that I mentioned for the drake and orc models. Maybe make it similar to how the model for the merchant looks (in terms of skin color and body shape)

Issue Details
Issue Number 4647
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Accepted
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-27-2016 12:31 PM
Yes please. I though it's a joke when I tried playing troll in NotEye version first time. See how it looks standing next to actual troll or trollish shopkeeper...

01-01-2017 06:55 PM
Ancient Member
@ admins: can I get assigned to this please?

Might as well look into this while we're exploring animation options :)

01-02-2017 11:10 AM
Ancient Member

And in the right hand we see the dark elf has Big Punch equipped and ready for action...

01-02-2017 12:20 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by auricbond

And in the right hand we see the dark elf has Big Punch equipped and ready for action...
I too thought it was some crazy weapon, until I realized it's just the pointer :D

01-02-2017 03:31 PM
Quote Originally Posted by auricbond

I was looking for about a minute trying to figure out what is this :D

+ Reply