[Balance] Strength of Atlas duration
issueid=4726 04-19-2017 06:25 PM
Number of reported issues by Zap-zapper: 3
[Balance] Strength of Atlas duration
Casting Strength of Atlas should refresh the duration of the spell, not prolong it

I mean, really. Spam it several times, and encumberment is no longer a problem for you.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4726
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 6
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-19-2017 08:02 PM
Ancient Member
This change would have very little effect on the power of Strength of Atlas. The duration of a single cast is usually enough to get through an entire dungeon level and the PP cost is not very high. All this would do is make using SoA more tedious.

And so what if SoA is super strong? It's not as if casters are remotely close to being "balanced" with other classes.

04-20-2017 12:09 PM
I don't like as well how SoA affects the game however this doesn't look like a proper nerf. You still will be able to use SoA to insanely bump your carrying capacity just in a less convenient way. Why would we reduce just convenience and easiness of usage - have no idea.

Rather ask to increase PP cost, decrease effect or duration. I would support even huge penalties like letting SoA abuse Strength...

04-20-2017 01:00 PM
Ancient Member
I like the idea of higher pp cost, but non-stackable duration just sounds tedious.

04-20-2017 01:12 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
I don't like as well how SoA affects the game however this doesn't look like a proper nerf. You still will be able to use SoA to insanely bump your carrying capacity just in a less convenient way. Why would we reduce just convenience and easiness of usage - have no idea.

Rather ask to increase PP cost, decrease effect or duration. I would support even huge penalties like letting SoA abuse Strength...
I would like to see PP cost to sustain it (not mind shield kind of, but something 1PP per 3 turns like -- sustainable, but the one true caster would feel).

04-20-2017 07:04 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Soirana
I would like to see PP cost to sustain it (not mind shield kind of, but something 1PP per 3 turns like -- sustainable, but the one true caster would feel).
Best idea I ever heard! If there will be RFE I'll 100% support it!
Although... How would it work in wilderness?..

06-08-2017 02:00 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
Best idea I ever heard! If there will be RFE I'll 100% support it!
Although... How would it work in wilderness?..
I don't understand the enthusiasm for this. It would completely neuter the spell for nonspellcaster classes. What exactly would be the utility of the spell?

06-08-2017 12:03 PM
As you noticed I don't like SoA at all. It spoils weight / carrying capacity system by effectively shutting it down. Hence I have no problem with some classes having not access to it.
Another thing, this is a spell after all. So why non-spellcasters should have much use of it at all?

06-08-2017 05:13 PM
I think it's fine as it is.

+ Reply