wait for companions
issueid=4688 02-23-2017 06:08 AM
Number of reported issues by wes: 6
wait for companions
before leaving a companion behind, prompt the player to wait

When playing with a companion and a swift character, I often end up in a situation where I've reached a stairway long before my companion and sometimes I absent-mindedly leave them behind. In a recent game I left Rocky, my greater Earth Elemental, in the wilderness, and was super relieved when he found his way back to me (kudos on that feature; I was very emotionally attached by this point). It'd be awesome, though, to be prompted before leaving a companion behind. My suggestion is something like this:

Code:
Wait for your companion before leaving? (Y/n)
Choosing [Y] would work similar to w5, passing turns until the companion catches up, at which point the player could automatically move on to the next area.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4688
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-23-2017 08:59 AM
It would a cool feature but with a small quirk. Usually as a bard I'm using my music as a weapon. It damn save my ass every time I'm swarmed with any kind of animals in early game - would it be jackals, summon spiders, ants or whatever. By using music I make them fight each other and clearing my way. However after doing so I usually end up having several nearly useless companions which I'd rather leave behind. I feel like it would be annoying to have a prompt every time if just used to leave them.

So that can we make it toggle able?

+ Reply