Replace ring of stun resistance for portal quest.
issueid=2692 01-27-2014 11:59 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Replace ring of stun resistance for portal quest.

Inspired by the discussion on the wiki.

Currently Thrundarr gives the PC a ring of stun resistance as an item to help in freeing Griff Bloodaxe's spirit. He also gives a holy symbol (can be used to turn undead), as well as a bone and a potion of holy water (a hint an means to avoid Griff in melee). The ring of stun resistance, however, doesn't make any sense. Perhaps we can change it to a ring of cold resistance (against Nonnak)? I just had a wild idea that this was planned from the beginning, but a wrong item index was used.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2692
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-28-2014 01:30 AM
Ancient Member
I just had a wild idea that this was planned from the beginning, but a wrong item index was used.
I always wondered why you'd get a ring of -Stun when there isn't any particular risk of getting stunned in the Griffyard (although on the other side, there's no need for the game to be perfectly linear and give a straight countermeasure to everything you'll face later). Rings of stun resistance are immediately after those of cold resistance in the ADOM item index, so that's an interesting theory.

Now... what's the bone for? :)

01-28-2014 01:41 AM
Ancient Member
stun resistance is probably the most worthless resistance going around. I think you might get stunned maybe 1-2 times the entire game, so yeah it would make sense it was supposed to be cold resistance.

01-28-2014 08:04 AM
Ancient Member
Maybe amulet of protection from undead would be more thematically fitting, if not exactly useful?

01-28-2014 09:28 AM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Now... what's the bone for? :)
Taming skeletons? :)

And yes, I vote for an amulet of protection from undead.

+ Reply