Improve Dodge skill training
issueid=2744 03-06-2014 08:26 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Improve Dodge skill training

Currently Dodge skill gives abysmal DV bonuses on low values which in turn means that extra DV from Dodge is rarely a choosing factor in getting hit which in turn means that it trains at almost non-existent level and typically stops if it's just a racial skill. Only classes that start with relatively high values (monks, beastfighter) and even then it takes pains to get it to 100. Can we somehow make it train faster?
Issue Details
Issue Number 2744
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-06-2014 08:27 PM
Ancient Member
I support this RFE!

03-06-2014 08:32 PM
Ancient Member
You got my vote too.

03-06-2014 09:27 PM
Ancient Member
When you block an attack, you can tell that you block it.
Can you currently tell when you dodge an attack?

03-07-2014 05:20 AM
Ancient Member
Unwielding your orcish spear and shield will probably help to train it up a bit. ;)

I must say, in my gremlin cave visits at xl 1 it was not uncommon to leave or die in the place with dodge at ~75. As most characters start without a spear and shield.

That said, if you do wield a spear and shield you probably don't need to dodge that many attacks as you will be deflecting and blocking mostly.

03-07-2014 05:34 AM
Ancient Member
Just by the way, how exactly does doge train? Does it kick in whenever you actually need the skill's bonus in order to not get hit?

03-07-2014 06:13 AM
Ancient Member
I'd assume so. If you think about it one actually would dodge after you failed to deflect an attack, so maybe having a dodge check done last would train it more. Although, IDK maybe this is already the case, but likely not.

+ Reply