[RFE] Increase interaction between Andor Drakon and Chaos Items
issueid=2749 03-09-2014 11:19 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
[RFE] Increase interaction between Andor Drakon and Chaos Items

I had an idea while experimenting with chaos plane recently (kudos to irc channel regulars that spectated).

Andor Drakon refuses to take any of the chaos items that are (g)iven to him.
Of course, for the most part the PC doesn't want to make him stronger but from the flavor point of view, it could be made so that he accepts the items.
His response could be something like "Thanks mortal! You have just made me much more powerful!" and proceed to attack the player with triple HP or speed or maybe start to ignore PV?

Also, players commonly drop chaos insignia (crown, medal) right after passing through the chaos gate, because carrying them around adds even more to an already extremely corrupting area.
What if dropping them and stepping off could result in the chaos god instantly teleporting on that tile, picking them up and equipping for some nice bonuses against the player (like mentioned above)?
This would be another flavor point.
My PC in question was C- pretender to the tile of ultimate chaos god (I had the trident) but I have also recovered the scepter from I:66.
I tried to give it to Andy but he refused to take it.

The idea behind all this is that making him much, much more powerful with items that contain the essence of chaos and corruption could be reflected in the final score somehow (and include steel artifacts from Kherab and boots of great speed).
This could also work nicely in synergy with the following change:
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2680
Issue Details
Issue Number 2749
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 11
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-16-2014 03:09 PM
This sounds sick. And twisted. And you have my vote.

03-22-2014 05:40 PM
Oh, that is EVIL!!!!

....I Like.....

03-22-2014 05:47 PM
Ancient Member
He should also catch the items if thrown at him.

03-22-2014 05:59 PM
@ Stingray1

Agreed. Much like most creatures catch thrown gold.

+ Reply