There are several items laying here...
issueid=2756 03-15-2014 06:40 PM
Number of reported issues by theseus12: 32
There are several items laying here...
We can walk over a crap ton of stuff. Here's an idea about that...

I noticed something. We can walk over an entire armory of stuff (say, we clear out a vault of monsters without ever having to advance), but we can walk over all of this stuff like nothing is even there! While that is incredibly convenient, I think that it should be possible to add just a tiny bit of realism to ADOM with this little feature:

Walking over a pile of stuff incurs a movement speed penalty.

This would give the sense that the PC is trying to also climb over a little mound of goodies. The larger the pile (by stone weight), the more difficult it is to move onto it. However, I have other feature ideas for this same event. you also take a mild DV boost, representing that you are on a mountain of things that the enemy would have to climb up to get to you for. The bigger the pile, the larger the boost. should be noted that both the boost and penalty wouldn't really affect the players too much. I don't pretend to know all the mechanics on this, though. just thought I'd shoot this suggestion at the powers that be.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2756
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 8
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-16-2014 09:01 AM
Ancient Member
What's the size of one square? Just walking around suggests that one square is really large area as with normal speed it takes over half a minute to cross one square. But on the other hand a single rat is enough to block your way, yet a titan or a dragon will fit the space as well.
So I don't think this change would add any realism to this. :)

03-16-2014 09:11 AM
Ancient Member
The larger the pile (by stone weight), the more difficult it is to move onto it.
For realism you'd need volume, not weight. Under this rule a single moloch armor would be just as much of an obstacle as a heap of 7500 scrolls. ;)

03-16-2014 12:57 PM
Besides, you generally can't see whether that's a stack of two items or 300 without 'l'ooking at it.

03-16-2014 04:12 PM
Ancient Member
Too much realism hurts gameplay.

+ Reply