Monster inventory broken
issueid=3743 07-02-2015 08:04 PM
Number of reported issues by manseman: 4
Monster inventory broken
Monster unsuccessfully equipping artifact destroys it

This happened on Adom for Windows, version 1.2.0 p23.

PC threw rune-covered trident at a Chaos warlord and wasn't able to catch it again. So the trident ended up on the same tile as the monster. Monster picked up the trident and tried to equip it, but could not unequip its shield first in order to do this, I assume because the shield was cursed. I unfortunately didn't copy the actual message. After immediately killing the monster the trident was nowhere to be found.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3743
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r60
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

07-03-2015 10:40 AM
Ancient Member
Is it possible that the trident is not displayed correctly in a pile of loot, but is still there? p23 has an issue with this.

07-03-2015 12:23 PM
Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_
Is it possible that the trident is not displayed correctly in a pile of loot, but is still there? p23 has an issue with this.
Can't say for sure. What is that exact issue? There was only one or two items dropped in total if that makes a difference.

07-03-2015 12:42 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by manseman
Can't say for sure. What is that exact issue? There was only one or two items dropped in total if that makes a difference.
Then my idea is probably unlikely. The issue is typically caused by huge piles of loot (basically long-named items are not displayed properly unless you use the filter).

07-03-2015 03:01 PM
Ancient Member
They happen to not display only if they are at the bottom of an inventory page, at least from my experience.
I had that happen with the rune-covered trident when selecting a missile to use - it wasn't on the list even though I knew I had it.

However, when I viewed inventory by pressing "I", it was right there, somewhere in the middle of the page.

manseman's case is different though, as he has possibly discovered a previously unknown bug.
Monsters' inventory has always been tricky from what I know and quite buggy too.

08-11-2015 05:10 PM
The Creator
Fixed due to Jochens analysis.

+ Reply