Allow multiple types of items to be sacrificed at a time.
issueid=3739 06-26-2015 10:59 PM
Number of reported issues by gr3ybird: 16
Allow multiple types of items to be sacrificed at a time.
Just like when selling more than one thing.

Editing for clarity:

Right now, afaik, there is no way to sacrifice more than one stack at a time, which can make saccing quite time consuming. If I have multiple stacks to sacrifice (which is almost always the case) right now I have to hit shift-o, hunt through inventory for one, confirm, get sac message, hit shift-o, hunt through inventory for two, confirm, get sac message, hit shift-o, hunt through inventory for three, etc.

Now imagine if you have 10-20 stacks you want to sac. It takes forever, and is one more reason why inventory size is out of control, it's more trouble to sac the items than to just carry them around. If you are playing a hated race (like dark elf) you are wasting them if you sell them.

Just like when dropping items to sell, you should be able to open the sac menu once select more than one stack and then confirm the sacrifice. It would save a ton of time and reduce inventory size. It doesn't look like ':o' is being used, so maybe that would work as a command.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3739
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM r58
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-27-2015 01:34 PM
If I were deity I wouldn't accept pile of junk. But that's the reality we currently have in ADOM. Voiting Yes since it's just feature of convinience.

06-27-2015 02:10 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
If I were deity I wouldn't accept pile of junk. But that's the reality we currently have in ADOM. Voiting Yes since it's just feature of convinience.
This has nothing to do with junk items. If I have great items like an eternium sword, eternium plate mail, and a stack of 100,000 gold, right now I have to hit shift-o, hunt through inventory for one, confirm, get sac message, hit shift-o, hunt through inventory for two, confirm, get sac message, hit shift-o, hunt through inventory for three, etc. Now imagine if you have 10-20 stacks you want to sac.

Here you can just open sac menu once, select multiple items just like when dropping them, and sac everything at once. Saves a ton of time and effort.

07-01-2015 02:10 AM

07-01-2015 06:57 AM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Great catch.

What, exactly, is the point here, other than being pedantic? yes, it's a duplicate. Of a five year old RFE with 10 upvotes and no downvotes. If it was that popular and it's been that long, I think it's okay to resurrect it. Do you really think the dev team remembers RFE's that old?

If you have some objection to this idea, say what it is, don't just link a very old RFE without comment.

07-01-2015 02:32 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird
What, exactly, is the point here, other than being pedantic?
Eh, not at all. I just report duplicates since that's the custom and I remembered about that particular one (because I actually like the idea, by the way). Also, that other RFE raises a concern about how to deal with mass sacrifices and angry deities that wasn't addressed on this one.

07-01-2015 08:11 PM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Eh, not at all. I just report duplicates since that's the custom and I remembered about that particular one (because I actually like the idea, by the way). Also, that other RFE raises a concern about how to deal with mass sacrifices and angry deities that wasn't addressed on this one.
I don't get how sacrificing multiple stacks of an item would be handled any differently than saccing multiple copies of the same item in a stack. By that logic you should only be able to sac one gold piece at a time, because, hey, the diety's attitude might change at some point during the sacrifice of multiple pieces.

Also people seem to somehow think that saccing multiple stacks will take more time than single ones? I think? No, it would be the same as dropping items to sell, temporally. And afaik, time to drop doesn't depend on the number of items you put down.

07-22-2015 11:22 PM
The diety accepts or denies the gift based on the gold value. Would implementing this mean that you can throw in the junk items too? Does every stack get evaluated individually? I feel the effort required in properly implementing this isn't worth it. It also makes sense to me from a flavor standpoint that you can only sacrifice one stack of things at a time as you offer it to your god. Multiple sacrifices at once feels like 'here take all this junk and be done with it'.

+ Reply