Make amulets of balance adamantium
issueid=4435 08-30-2016 12:57 AM
Number of reported issues by pjsb1: 21
Make amulets of balance adamantium
Make amulets of balance adamantium to stay in line with the other amulets of alignment

Right now amulets of balance are iron while amulets of order and chaos are adamantium. This hardly seems fair to champions of balance who can get their precious amulet after crowning only to lose it to an acid trap, making it harder to remain neutral throughout the game.

I have to admit though... the main reason I'm bringing this up now is my most recent YASD where I had a mist elf who could not wear the amulet and ended up turning lawful and dying for healing his companion to tank damage for him. I had forgotten how lawful it was to heal companions and I had no way to mitigate it through the amulet of balance that I would have been wearing otherwise.

Obviously the mist elf problem is a little more niche, but even if mist elves didn't exist in this version of the game I still don't see why champions of balance should get jipped on their amulets.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4435
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r69 (v2.2.3)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 12
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-03-2016 02:23 AM
Seems like a genuine oversight if I've ever seen one. voted yes.

12-15-2016 08:04 AM
Ancient Member
Amulet of order is actually made out of stone, not adamantium. I'll also note that amulet of balance is by far the most useful of the three, and the only one that does not need to be worn for extended periods of time to have an effect.

EDIT: This was evidently changed in p22; previous to that, both amulet of order and amulet of chaos were made of adamantium.

+ Reply