Make Tome of Donors usable for Chaotics
issueid=4650 12-27-2016 11:22 PM
Number of reported issues by Phoobnahr: 7
Make Tome of Donors usable for Chaotics
Either change the Tome of Donors so Chaotics get beneficial effects or add a mutually exclusive equivalent for chaotics

Title says it all. Right now so many doors are already closed for chaotics, and for extremely chaotic Chaos Knights who can't even take the early game quests, the game is very homogeneous.

There's been talk about more chaotic quests and more game depth for chaotic characters for a long time. The Tome of Donors is one feature that doesn't seem to have any in-game reason to be shut off to Chaotics, and at the moment it seems to be dramatically overpowered. The tome itself will be the single largest source of stat increases for most characters (barring the few who have very low De, Wi, and To with very high potentials) and also the single largest source for resistances for most characters (barring heavy pool sippers).

While I personally feel that the Tome of Donors is pretty dramatically overpowered and is likely to be nerfed soon, that's not what this RFE is intended for. Rather I think Chaotics should be able to benefit from it, or there should be a chaotic equivalent somewhere in the game (perhaps at the bottom of the Shadowy dungeon, which is of roughly equal Danger Level). Generating either one in a non-ruined state would automatically cause the other to be generated in its ruined state, meaning the overall amount of benefit for non-chaotic characters doesnt increase at all, and Chaotic characters get one more step toward being fully included in the game.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4650
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-28-2016 03:39 AM
I think the doubling turns between reads that it has right now keeps it from being too overpowered, after ~4 reads I generally finish all the dwarven quests before I can read it again.

I do agree though that chaotics should be able to use it also - anyone can be inspired by epic tales of those who came before, and worthy opponents are often cherished.

+ Reply