Show weapons and shields first when selecting an item to wield
issueid=4850 07-14-2017 07:51 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Show weapons and shields first when selecting an item to wield

When selecting an item to wield, 99% of the time you want to select a weapon or shield. Unfortunately, helmets and body armor are shown before shields, and cloaks, girdles, and necklaces are shown before weapons. Item-type filtering helps somewhat, but the most common use case should be more convenient.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4850
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-14-2017 09:51 PM
Ancient Member
Heck, you could have the weapon filter automatically applied so that it takes an extra action to turn it off... although some people may never realise that you can wield non-weapons if you did it that way I suppose. Plus the inventory filtering still bugs.

07-15-2017 09:04 AM
I concur, @auricbond suggestion look reasonable. As for the weilding non-weapons I'd give a hint as a dialog as part of teaching routine. Touches, rocks, some throwing weapons, probably rings of damage a good examples to to try with. Anyway you wouldn't do that often.

07-15-2017 02:27 PM
Ancient Member
I would rather not have to clear a filter to equip shields. You don't have to switch shields as often (fewer types, no affixes), but equipping a shield is still pretty routine, and shouldn't be made more difficult.

07-16-2017 07:52 AM
Ok. Apply filter a special (possibly) hidden filter that filters out all shields, weapons both one handed and two handed...

+ Reply