Percent symbol
issueid=912 04-04-2012 02:06 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Silfir: 6
Percent symbol
Issues with certain characters, including the symbol for percent

The percent symbol does not display correctly. The result is the following: %

I imagine similar issues occur with other characters, and it's been appearing after the site redesign (with its upgrade to a different version of the board software, I think?) Obviously it isn't high priority, but it does add some confusion, ugliness, and screws up old posts that did not have the problem.

EDIT: Now look at that, it's working properly in Issues and is screwed up in forum posts only!
Issue Details
Issue Number 912
Project Website Development
Category Forums
Status Fixed
Priority 7
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 6
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-04-2012 02:34 PM
Ancient Member
For reference, this is what you usually get when posting a percent sign in the forums: %

EDIT: Now look at that, it's working properly in Issues and is screwed up in forum posts only!
To top it off, it doesn't seem to happen all the time in the forums either? I just made a test post (quickly deleted afterwards) to see if any other characters were also broken, and voila, the percent sign worked.

04-04-2012 06:35 PM
Ancient Member
50%
50 %

Of course I can't check it in here! And now I can't delete it!

04-04-2012 08:44 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
EDIT: A-HA! Looks like whether or not it's standing alone or together with the value is relevant!
Good job Silfir!

04-05-2012 06:34 PM
Ancient Member
From the other thread on the subject, it may have something to do with the quick-reply feature.

And possibly the quantum fluctuations of the cosmic background.

06-04-2013 08:36 PM
Administrator
I have found some hints indicating that this might be caused by the PHP installation on the server. Thomas will contact his provider to verify this.

09-01-2013 09:21 PM
Administrator
It seems the provider has no plans to update the server installation of PHP, so we can't do anything about it (except moving the forum to a different server).

11-08-2013 08:24 AM
Administrator
The PHP version was updated, the problem should be gone now. Please report if it still exits.

11-08-2013 01:00 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by jt
The PHP version was updated, the problem should be gone now.
Great news!

11-08-2013 09:27 PM
Ancient Member
Test: %

e: Wow, that's amazing! :-)

%%%%%%%%%%

+ Reply