[RFE] Unmarysueify the mist elves
issueid=3313 08-31-2014 02:59 PM
Number of reported issues by Small Bombs: 3
[RFE] Unmarysueify the mist elves
They're quite silly

While I have nothing against them from a mechanics/game viewpoint, the descriptions about mist elves could use a little less elf fellation. Seriously, just look at the length of fluff text for them and compare it to every other race in manual. Everybody else gets two paragraphs at best, yet they get a whole damn novella. Why? That's just pointlessly excessive.
Ratlings are another new race, and they don't get NEARLY as much fellation as mist elves, despite being an established race who've had more presence in ADOM than every playable race except humans and dwarves for years.

In fact, I'd prefer they become straight up fairies; the baby stealing, whimsical jerkwads from the mythologies. They even already have the iron allergy. There was already 3 flavors of elves in game, did we seriously need another one? Rename them fairy, rewrite the fluffy parts to cut down on fellation and emphasize their whimsical and alien natures and voila! A much better weird new race than a *4th* race of elves, elfier than even the elfiest of elves ever.

Even if not a whole rewrite, at least do an editing on the manual. There's seriously no need to have a whole novella about elfiest elves ever in there.

e: How did this get tagged as a bug? Should I delete and repost this?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3313
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 10
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-09-2017 01:03 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin