Do not supress great strength waning message.
issueid=5884 12-30-2017 02:18 PM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48
Do not supress great strength waning message.

Sometimes its possible that "Strength of Atlas" spell will suddenly stop working in the same moment when two warning will be generated:

"You feel your great strength waning". (x5)
"Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you"

This situation can occur when skill increase or any other messages will generate in the same moment, thus not allowing to recast spell.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5884
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

03-21-2018 12:42 PM
Administrator
I don't understand the issue. The "You feel your great strength waning" is printed every time your strength of Altas decreases. And "Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you" is printed if it reaches zero.

03-21-2018 12:42 PM
Issue Changed by jt
  • User assignments modified
  • Milestone changed

03-25-2018 06:30 PM
Problem apeared in wilderness Strength waning warrning should be displayed few times not once with (+5) so there should be chance to recast spell before spell will stop working. I din not have chance to recast spell because those messages apeared in 1 or 2 turns.

03-25-2018 07:09 PM
Might be nice to use a 'more' prompt...

03-25-2018 09:24 PM
I've never had that happen in the wilderness - the warnings have always been issued on 5 separate turns requiring input from me. However, I've repeatedly managed to ignore the message a few times by typing too fast, even in dungeons.

However, to a speedy player it looks like the warnings are issued only once, because the message buffer updates only the one line, replacing "You feel your great strength waning" with "You feel your great strength waning x2" instead of printing a new line. I tested this out quite a few times and I always did get 5 separate warnings.

Given the almost game-breaking nature of this spell, I consider the hassle with it running out and the relative short warning period an appropriate trade-off.

+ Reply