Converted altar of law stays white
issueid=5742 11-19-2017 12:56 PM
Number of reported issues by Dervi: 20

A neutral character sacrifices a monster on a lawful altar (white). The regular speech ensues and the neutral god takes over the altar, converting it to grey. The tile, however, seems to stay white. Note: this is maybe not the case, and the altar actually changes tile from white to grey, but the two tiles look way too similar.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5742
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.8
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-20-2017 08:58 AM
Ancient Member
The tile changes color, including the cloth on it. Was pretty sure that the difference is clear, but I could be wrong, especially if we take color blindness into account.
Anyone else has thoughts on this issue?

11-20-2017 04:29 PM
I have never noticed an issue... the three altar colors are quite distinct, and while I havent' converted N altars to L (in 3.0.2), I have converted L to N and N to C with no issues.

11-20-2017 04:35 PM
Yeah I too wonder if something else has happened here. I never ever had a problem distinguishing the different types of altars, and I've also converted a lot of them in all kinds of directions; they always appeared quite different.

11-21-2017 08:29 AM
The Creator
Not reproducable to me.

12-11-2017 04:18 AM
I wonder whether it's possible to change the shape of the cloth itself as well as the colour - or display different objects atop the cloth - to better differentiate them?
You could for example have a plain rectangular cloth on the Lawful altar, a circular cloth on the Neutral, and a torn/ragged/pointed cloth on the Chaotic.
I get confused between L and N altars myself and my colour perception is 100% normally. I think it's because they both seem benevolent enough.

+ Reply