Kobold shaman's shock blast passes through shock immunity
issueid=6043 02-19-2018 08:41 PM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
Kobold shaman's shock blast passes through shock immunity

Title says it. I'm wearing the chain mail of the martyred crusader, and still got damage from the shock bolt by a kobold shaman. Potion of insight confirms that I indeed am immune to shock attacks.

EDIT: or, in case it's not supposed to be a shock bolt but some generic magic instead, please adjust the message.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6043
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.0
Fixed Version ADOM 3.1.1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-19-2018 09:30 PM
Ancient Member
I'm pretty sure kobolt shaman bolts have never been electrical damage, just magic damage.

02-20-2018 07:02 AM
I, OTOH, am fairly sure that they have been countered by some resistance/immunity, shock being my first guess. :) Usually you have gotten the "You are hit by a shock bolt! The bolt tingles slightly" with no damage, which I have assumed being linked to shock resistance. Haven't tested it ever, because the bolt has been so negligibly weak.

02-20-2018 07:48 AM
Ancient Member
You can get "the bolts tingle slightly" without any intrinsics. In the event that you are killed by the spell, the cause of death is "killed by vile [kobold shaman/chaos archmage/ancient sage] magic". Probably it should not be referred to as a shock bolt.

02-20-2018 10:37 AM
I suggest to change the message as a fix. So that no one would expect shock resistance to work against it.

02-20-2018 11:04 AM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
I suggest to change the message as a fix. So that no one would expect shock resistance to work against it.
Yep. Added it to the original description.

03-01-2018 07:20 PM
The Creator
Shock bolts now are lightning and behave accordingly.

+ Reply