Shopkeepers should have more money initially.
issueid=4311 05-10-2016 09:38 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Shopkeepers should have more money initially.

I got to HMV with my mindcrafter, being very strained.
Obviously I was carrying tons of loot ready to sell.
So here's my surprise when I sold items worth around 5000 gold and the shopkeeper says he doesn't have any more money to pay me.
This is kinda ridiculous considering the expenses at this stage of the game - I wanted to go and learn detect and disarm traps then convert an altar.
I cannot do that due to lack of money.

I'm not asking for infinite funds so they can buy anything and everything, but five thousand is a *bit* too little.
If they could have a guaranteed amount of, say, 20k gold, that would fix this problem.

I believe it's reasonable that shopkeepers' ability to purchase items from PC should increase with time/number of items sold/char level or whatever, it's just that the initial value is horribly low.
Such a low value serves no function in my opinion, other than forcing the players to grind if they really need the cash.
Mindcrafters have notoriously abysmal dice values on skills so its important to obtain said trap management skills asap and commence training, to have any reasonable values later, when it counts.
Of course, every other race/class combination would benefit from this change as well.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4311
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-12-2016 09:56 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Status changed from Suggested to Implemented
  • Issue marked as addressed
  • Addressed version changed from Unknown to ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)

+ Reply