Spawning rate
issueid=4036 11-19-2015 12:37 PM
Number of reported issues by Colosum: 1
Spawning rate
Option to set the spawn rate of monsters

I was wondering if it is posible to add an option to set the spawn rate of monsters. I mean, I“m in a dungeon, and rest to recover some mana, a mob appears, cast to kill it, and another mob appears, etc...when I have the chance to rest again another mob appears and so on. Can stay at the same corridor for hours. So the idea it to lower or stop the respawning.

About the posible side effects: hunger and leveling. For the first one , if you are playing with hunger on, you better lower instead of supressing the spawning completly. And for the second, you'll have to explore and find the mobs instead of waiting for them to come...those boots were made for walking!

Personally I prefer the hunger off option, I know is not the way it was meant to be played, but in order to enjoy the game I prefer the less stressfull way. -lets keep it simple :) -

On the other hand, you could augment the spawning rate (suicidal mode?), for the masochistics out there xD

Hope you like the propossal, have a nice day!
Issue Details
Issue Number 4036
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r61 (v2.0.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-19-2015 02:44 PM
Ancient Member
May I ask which dungeon you are in when you see this? There's a particular dungeon that always feels like it has a fairly high spawn rate.

FYI: There are also tricks to finding locations where the wandering spawn rate is lower for various reasons.

11-19-2015 05:18 PM
Ancient Member
The spawn rate does tend to slow down over time. It's quite a subtle effect, and you won't notice in during casual exploration, but you will notice if you are, say, trying to get a (pre)crown. Or attempting the Eternium Man challenge.

11-19-2015 05:35 PM
If this option doesn't exist in deluxe - I'm for it. I would consider buying deluxe if there were a legal option to flood levels with monsters :D

11-19-2015 06:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Harwin
May I ask which dungeon you are in when you see this? There's a particular dungeon that always feels like it has a fairly high spawn rate.

FYI: There are also tricks to finding locations where the wandering spawn rate is lower for various reasons.

I'm pretty new to the game so I couldn't tell what dungeon I'm in. But this happens in many locations so I guess is a general issue. About the tricks i use some, like resting (waiting) between 2 doors for example 8D but!...sometimes mobs open the door and voilą I have ten moobs waiting for me xD

+ Reply