Allow quickmarking skills by default
issueid=2974 05-14-2014 09:48 PM
Number of reported issues by aerol: 71
Allow quickmarking skills by default
Allow quickmarking skills by default through adom.cfg

Very often a player will quickmark the same skills over and over again with the same number on different characters. For example, I always quickmark First Aid on every character, and always assign it the number 4. This is a request to add a functionality to quickmark skills by default via an entry on adom.cfg. This would remove one thing from the tedious "do with every new character" list of game start things players do.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2974
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 15
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-14-2014 10:18 PM
Ancient Member
How would you do this?

05-14-2014 10:22 PM
Ancient Member
SkillQuickMark1 = "First aid"

11-10-2017 02:38 PM
Given the current development flurry, I thought why not bump this old bugbear :)

11-12-2017 03:03 AM
Nice idea,also some numpads numbers not working properly then mark.

11-12-2017 05:43 AM
Quote Originally Posted by JagaJazzist
Nice idea,also some numpads numbers not working properly then mark.
You might be running into this: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4033 There is a bug where all your quickmarks will get reset, although I haven't figured out what exactly triggers it yet.

Default quickmarks would be great though, for spells too. IMO it doesn't even have to be manually set, the game could just remember what the last-assigned skill for each hotkey was.

11-13-2017 10:21 AM
Quote Originally Posted by hapro
IMO it doesn't even have to be manually set, the game could just remember what the last-assigned skill for each hotkey was.
Yes, please! Giving 100 upvotes for such implementation...

11-21-2017 01:39 PM
The Creator
Small challenge: When we update the adom.cfg we do not keep old values. Would that be a problem for you?

11-22-2017 07:15 PM
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
Small challenge: When we update the adom.cfg we do not keep old values. Would that be a problem for you?
I was under the impression a backup was always automatically created in such cases, so that wouldn't be a big problem for me.

11-22-2017 08:37 PM
Not that it wouldn't be better anyway than not having the option at all, backup or no backup. But yeah, just restoring the hotkeys from the backup cfg file after updates would not be a big problem to do.

10-08-2018 07:19 PM
Bumping this as I would really very much love to see it when the new version rolls around.

04-06-2020 06:19 PM
Hope springs eternal :)

+ Reply